Question about hop schedule for my first IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcodd87

Reaction score
Just recieved AHS American IPA

Just wondering if I should go by their hop schedule or try something different.

AHS Hop Schedule.

@ 60min Add 1oz Summit
@ 15min Add 1/2 oz Summit and 1/2 oz Falconer's Flight
@ 1min Add 1oz Summit and 1oz Falconer's Flight

Dry hopping with 1/2oz Summit and 1/2oz Falconers Flight

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

*edit* the summit had 10oz lol supposed to be 1oz...typo!!

I would do even more late addition hops starting at 20 mins. I recently did an IPA and all my additions were 20 minutes and under. Skip the 60 minute summit and pack more in toward the end.

I'm really excited for this IPA being for 2 reasons.

1. It's my third batch and it seems like I've learned so much from the first two.

2. It's part of my gift to my groomsmen. Giving them some home brew and their own personalized beer mug.

Congrats on getting married. And awesome groomsmen gift. I would have killed for a home brew gift. Hope everything turns out great.

I just brewed this with the standard hop schedule. It is 1 week in the bottle now, tried one yesterday, it is fantastic.
Your groomsmen will love the gift.
Which yeast are you using? I used the WPL001.

Colonel_Forbin said:
I just brewed this with the standard hop schedule. It is 1 week in the bottle now, tried one yesterday, it is fantastic.
Your groomsmen will love the gift.
Which yeast are you using? I used the WPL001.

Same exact yeast! Maybe I'll stick with the hop schedule. I was iffy about it being I don't have a secondary. Should I just dry hop in primary?

I was just discussing that with Yooper in another thread yesterday, and she says go for it - dry hopping in the primary is just fine.

The kit directions sound fine and should me a tasty beer. I wouldn't mess with it unless the groomsmen are real hopheads. If that is the case, I add some additional dry hops for a total of 3oz for that "wow" hop aroma.

Thank you guys, and yea she loves the home brew. She was the one the bought the Midwest groupon for me.

I think she regrets it sometimes though. But hey, it seems like it's a never ending flow of beer.

I'm sticking with that hop schedule, I'm brewing as I type :)

image-2450510155.jpg

Back