putting into a milk jug for transportation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-brewer

Reaction score
I have a couple of gallons of uncarbed cider in my nice swing top bottles. I ended up not being too crazy about it and want to get it out of the bottles.

I have a bachelor party this weekend at a beach house and am sure I can get rid of them there, but don't want to risk losing or breaking my bottles.

Is there any good way to fill a milk jug to take? I can fill it the day before and keep refrigerated? Any thoughts?

Thanks

lol i honestly don't know, but this should be a "you know your homebrewer if..." you bring a milk jug full of beer to bachelor party because you don't want to risk losing a precious bottle.

If I had to guess though, milk jugs are not designed to hold pressure. The cap would probably leak...maybe a soda bottle or growler instead?

lol i honestly don't know, but this should be a "you know your homebrewer if..." you bring a milk jug full of beer to bachelor party because you don't want to risk losing a precious bottle.

If I had to guess though, milk jugs are not designed to hold pressure. The cap would probably leak...maybe a soda bottle or growler instead?

Haha, ya, I must.be a homebrewer.

It's actually a cider that is not carbed. And I have a milk jug handy, that's why I mentioned it

Haha, ya, I must.be a homebrewer.

It's actually a cider that is not carbed. And I have a milk jug handy, that's why I mentioned it

Oh sorry I didn't fully read your post. I don't see why that shouldn't work.

Back