Put in Fridge too Early

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I followed the instructions carefully until almost the end. I was making a batch of pale ale, bottled it with some priming sugar in it, and then put it in the fridge. Of course it was flat and the sugar was still visible. Now I see I was supposed to store it at room tempature until it was ready.

So I took it out and now have it storing at about 75 degrees. Is the damage done or will the sugar now do its job?

TIA.

I've never made this mistake, but I net you're gonna he fine. The yeast simply go dormant at fridge temps, so, hypotheticaly, they should wake up and get to work when warmed back up. I would try agitating the bottles a bit once they warm up...just don't over do it! Good luck!

Should be fine let it set for two weeks then crack one open.

the sugar was visable? next time boil your measured priming sugar with a bit of water cool and and to your bottling bucket then rack on top of that. just a suggestion. also your good no damage done. cheers and enjoy your brew.

Back