Purple haze clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kps

Reaction score
Has anyone added raspberry purée before kegging? I’m making an abita purple haze clone and read that’s what they do.

Not raspberry , but I did with apricot and peaches . I racked my beer over it for about a week then kegged it . You could do that or just add it to your primary at the end of fermentation.

Secondaries are not advised unless your racking over fruit or storing for a long period of time . Some are just adding the fruit into primary which is less hassle.

Welcome to HBT!

I've been dabbling in raspberry/hibiscus wheat beers of late (just kegged another 10 gallons today) using homemade puree - without seeding first. So, pretty much rules out dumping the puree directly in a keg, so I do in fact rack into a dreaded "secondary" vessel with the puree within with a half-cup of CS and let that simmer for four days before kegging. When I look at the mass of seeds and berry skins left behind after kegging I'm convinced I'd have to buy spendy processed puree to go straight to the keg...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back