Pumpkin Beer in February??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraulein

Reaction score
Sooo, I recently made my first online purchase from Austin Homebrew. I live in Canada and because shipping is really expensive (about as much as the original order), I wanted to include a mini mash liquid extract kit of their famous pumpkin beer as well, even though it is not in season. To my surprise, it arrived only 5 days after i placed the order! (thanks ahs!) So now, I'm not sure what to do with the kit. I don't want to brew it and drink pumpkin beer for march and april. So, is it smart or foolish to brew it soon , and let them bottle condition until the fall? Will the spice notes still be there after 6 months? Perhaps a 2nd spice would help this? Or maybe the wyeast and LME in the fridge, and grains and hops in the freezer will be fine for a while, but how long? Could I actually keep them cold for about 6 months and still have great beer?

so....
1)brew it all and drink it all in march and april and learn the hard way of ordering beer kits foolishly

2) brew it and let it condition until the fall

3) keeps the ingredients stored in the fridge and freezer for 6 months, then brew

Thanks in advance!

Brew it and let it condition man!!! It will probably get even better by the fall!!!!

Option 1!

You don't want your ingredients to sit that long and the spice notes could be gone by then. I'd brew it now and then again in August if you like it.

I saw brew it and drink it out of season. Hell most pumpkin beers show up in stores around August anyway... well before I actually want them.

I just had a pumpkin beer i brewed in september
It was much better than in oct. The bitterness and spices faded just enough to make it great

Im brewing a pumkin beer this weekend. I dont care about what ppl think about what season a beer is for!! A beer is to enjoy, I say if you like pumpkin beer brew it and drink it, who cares what month it is!!! Ill be enjoying mine in march.

Im with lespaul, I do not care what season it is or what style is right for the season. I brew what I want when I want.

I would brew it and drink...thats one of the best parts of this hobby, I have one on my schedule to brew up in a few weeks. No reason to wait.

Latest posts

Back