Pump Choice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carloski44

Reaction score
I know there have been many threads on best pump, but my wife has agreed to purchase me a second pump for fathers day, and I would like one with a little more flow for Whirlpooling 20-25gal batches, my choices right now are this
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/...6-power-cord-(578603)/57399/Cat/1006?RefID=CJ

Or this
http://morebeer.com/view_product/11622/103556/March_Brewing_Pump_New!_-_High_Flow

I like that the LG pump has more flow at 500gph than the Highflow March pump at 420gph. And I Already own a 809HS that has preformed well the last 2 years. Have any of you had any problems with the LG pumps not handling the hot wort? Would you recommend one?
Are there any other pumps competively priced I should be looking at?

i have the little giant, it works like it's supposed to... no problems whatsoever...

i have the little giant, it works like it's supposed to... no problems whatsoever...

Thanks
I have the LG on order, seems most people dont have any prefrence one way or the other or have owned 1 brand only and have no opinion. I am not impressed by the output of my 809 but it will work great for HERMS circulation, and i can use the LG for whirlpooling. I was just hesitant because of the temp upper limit on the LG but seems know one has had a problem with it.

I'll be ordering a LG 3-MD-MT-HC pump REAL soon too. I kept going back and forth between March809/Chugger and the Little giant mostly over the temperature rating and stainless steel head. I decided that the Little giant would be a better choice and should handle boiling water and wort just fine as others on this forum do and haven't complained yet.

Kind of disappointed with Chugger. I can't find and specs on their product nor can I find a price. They are supposed to be holding a pre-sale right now but there is absolutely no information about what the price is even on their Facebook page. Makes me nervous doing business with an outfit like that.

Back