Pump/Chiller Caddy Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellosluggo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Quick opinion check: gonna mount my ChillZilla counterflow chiller and Chugger pump on one of these:

https://www.healthykin.com/images/Product/medium/5265.jpg

My idea is to have the chiller sitting with the cane going thru it (the tubing running “around” the cane) and the pump mounted horizontally.

My question: do I mount the pump (inlet down, outlet up) above or below the chiller?

Centrifugal pumps like the Chugger do not lift liquid well. As a general rule of thumb, your pump should be the lowest point in the system. I like what you are doing with that cane, be sure to give us pictures when it is done. Good luck!

This is what I have so far... the pump would have to mount over the chiller as it is here. Thoughts?

IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0986.jpg

Nothing more than to repeat my advice from before. The pump should be on the bottom, feed into the inlet of the chiller, and out at the top. If it were me, I believe I would flip the chiller and rotate the thermometer for easy visibility. You should be able to find all sorts of brackets, clamps, perforated angle iron, strut, and so forth at your local hardware or diy store.

Back