Pump and Tube Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmatejka

Reaction score
I am ready to drop $200 on my march pump and silicone tube. I have two questions that i would appreciate some feedback on. Given that i would like to save my back over thanksgiving while i brew a 10g or two, i would like to have the equipment here soon and online ordering is my only option for quick delivery. I already ordered enough camlock fittings from bargainfittings to cover all my male connections and 3 female sets for hoses.

1) march 809 vs 815? Same cost, but i can get the 809 here from austinhomebrew by wednesday, where the 815 would get here from morebeer by friday or more likely, monday due to the holiday weekend. Just not sure if the flow rate would ever mean anything to me.

2) i am planning on making 3 hoses. I know that i will likely need just 2, but i wanted a spare in case i found that leaving one attached or having an unexpected malfunction created the need for a replacement. I have read that the longer the hose, the more waste since it will not all drain from the pump into the fermenter, etc. so, given that all my vessels are currently close to each other and i would eventually like to add a Blichmann Top Tier stand to the mix, how long should each hose be? Is 6 feet too long or too short? Would i ever need a longer one for any standard practices?

Thanks so much all,
Wes

Back