Pulled over and beer got me out of a ticket!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh....55 in urban freeways? Last time I took a trip on the NY State Thruway I did 75 mph, all the way from where it starts W of Buffalo to the Amsterdam exit (where we got off to go visit family in Saratoga Springs). Cruise all the way, don't know if none of the cruisers we saw had their radar on (we don't use a detector), but they sure weren't interested in us.

Outside of the urban limits, I pretty much just go 75 everywhere. Haven't had a speeding ticket since the 1980's sometime, which was 72 in a 55. State cop (IL) told me "Stick to the speed limit in any incorporated area, and don't go any more than 10 over outside, you'll be good pretty much anywhere I've ever heard of." It's worked for over 20 years.......
rico, the Thruway isn't considered "urban." (Not by me anyway.) The city and Long Island are 55 mph. Do many people drive 55? Nope, not by a long shot, unless they're a 40 mph zone. Maybe I should bring up homebrewing if get pulled over. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Back