Proud moments as a parent...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_Dude41

Chaos coordinator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, the boys are passing a stomach bug around, Fun!
The wife is working tomorrow, and has dealt with 2 of the 3 at home over the past 2 days while I have been working, so guess who is pulling sick duty with the 3rd one tonight (that's right, he has 2 thumbs and is posting this right now).
So my boy (non-verbal and being evaluated for Autism) just woke up and was stirring: this has = a reverse yawn within about 30 seconds so far tonight. So I jump up from the rocker, carry him to the bathroom, and basically hold him in front of the porcelain throne waiting for the show to start (as it has for the past 5 hours).
This time, as he is half awake and teetering on his feet, he starts climb on the the toilet but stops realizing that he is still in is diaper. Sleepily, he grabs my hand and puts it on the tab, signaling that he would like it taken off. I obliged, and he proceeded to use the to toilet, and go back to bed. (Only to wake up right now, 5 min later, and hit me in the chest with a shot of bile as we rushed back to that same spot).
Having changed my shirt, again, I am still proud of the little guy for waking himself up to go potty, even when dealing with this bug they have.
Now, I really can't be the only parent out there that has been overcome with pride by such a seemingly simple act, can I?

I am a proud Dad of 3...5 yo and twin almost 2 year olds. They all do things every day that I'm proud of...however the twins have started communicating in multiple word sentences and while I am proud of this accomplishment the girl twin said today from her high chair, "All done, down now Daddy!" With such sass I'm terrified of the teenager she will become.

I am still proud of the little guy for waking himself up to go potty,
"All done, down now Daddy!" With such sass I'm terrified of the teenager she will become.

as a single non parent, i just hope to follow along on the journey long enough to see how these kids turn out!

@Sammy86 (the kid just knows you're the boss! just don't let her think your latest batch of homebrew is inferior to BMC, or the "well people will call me crazy" brand other stuff....she'll learn the 'proper' respect, and get it herself!)

With such sass I'm terrified of the teenager she will become.
Not even that long, my 6 year old has more sass than she knows what to do with... It has been getting her into trouble lately and I don't see it getting better when puberty kicks in.

@bracconiere , we aim to please and hope you enjoy the show. (I hope to survive long enough to keep you updated)

My five year old helped me brew a few weeks ago....for all of about 30 minutes...then said..."are you done yet? Take me swimming!"
definitely conniving, but I still found it endearing.

My five year old helped me brew a few weeks ago....for all of about 30 minutes...then said..."are you done yet? Take me swimming!"
definitely conniving, but I still found it endearing.

you need to teach them patience, tell them that it's not safe to swim in, until it's been chilled to pitching temp.... :mug:

Back