Prose, Music & Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted about using our hobby to do good before, This autumn and winter, I think a lot of us are feeling a little isolated and in need of some community. Since September, I've organized an every-other-month online event featuring some spoken word and music, and I've distributed beer beforehand to anyone who wanted it. This is in the context of my congregation, with about 2/3s of participants from that community and 1/3 not. Mostly folks were in Chicago and picked up there beers at one of two sites, but a few folks were more distant and I shipped it to them.

The next one is coming up Friday February 5th and is featuring a performance piece by a Second City alumnus, two vocal pieces, one from a Manhattan composer and another from the cantor at my congregation, and a piano/violin performance of Beethoven's Minuet in G. Its a relaxed vibe, the artists participate and visit with folks about what they do, etc. More info is here and online RSVPs are here. There's no cost.

If you'd like to join us, for a little respite from the pandemic and isolation, you can either DM me here or use the link to RSVP online. I'm happy to ship some beer and cider to you, but won't be offended if you'd prefer to drink your own.

PM&B Feb 5th 2021.jpg

Back