propane splitting and control valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davefleck

Reaction score
I'm using some of the larger high pressure burners from Agri supply and got the appropriate regulator. My plan is since the regulator takes 1/4" NPT to split down the line with brass fittings into 3 separate 1/4" ball valves then onto each burner.

from my searching here it looks like many have used larger 3/8" fittings but i've already got the hoses in 1/4 so i'd like to use that.

my question is regards to using the smaller dia. i know it will force higher pressure to move the same amount of propane and don't know if there might be complications because of it.

any experience there? Also, brass fittings so just use white teflon tape vs yellow for normal black gas pipe?

All our hoses are 1/4" no problems.
Do not use tape at the flare fittings, just tighten until they are snug, don't torque them.

Thanks! Got her built however I am short one hose. I thought I saw on another thread that you do custom hoses? Looking for 1/4 MPT both ends and 4' long. Ideally in black

Back