propane distribution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarjr

Reaction score
hello everyone!

I just went through the "Rig thread". I see so many of you are using some sort of a DYI propane distribution. Some are with pipes, some with hoses.

Does anyone have a parts list and tutorial on how to do this?

thanks

if anyone can help me on this it would be greatly appreciated
would love to bang this out soon

thanks

You probably are not asking a specific enough question. Are you wanting just distribution with manual valves? Are you using some sort of automation and need pilot lights and solenoid valves? Give us a better idea of what your trying to accomplish.

You probably are not asking a specific enough question. Are you wanting just distribution with manual valves? Are you using some sort of automation and need pilot lights and solenoid valves? Give us a better idea of what your trying to accomplish.

sorry guys.

i just want to brew outside without using 3 tanks. a basic manual valve system would be great. I've never played with propane so i figured i would ask the experts.

right now i use 3 cajun cookers w/3 propane tanks. basically a one teir minus the rig. i'm so sick of lugging everything around on brew day. i'm having a rig welded and need to just get the gas to the burners using a single tank.

just looking for something simple

thanks

The yellow valves are the propane to my burners. The piping is 1/2". What will your rack be? 1,2,or3 tier. Let us know and we can get you a close up. Luck - Dwain

In service 2.jpg

sorry guys.

i just want to brew outside without using 3 tanks. a basic manual valve system would be great. I've never played with propane so i figured i would ask the experts.

right now i use 3 cajun cookers w/3 propane tanks. basically a one teir minus the rig. i'm so sick of lugging everything around on brew day. i'm having a rig welded and need to just get the gas to the burners using a single tank.

just looking for something simple

thanks

i dont have a parts list off the top of my head, but what i can tell you is that i had a similar setup.

i actually disassembled the hoses to the burners by removing the regulators and bought one extra to not be dismantled.

i imagine yours looks similar to this,https://www.pelicansky.com/productdetail.aspx?id=221&cat=85, remove up to the little on/off valve.

then you will need to buy one of these, Amazon.com: Bayou Classic High Pressure Brass Orifice: Patio, Lawn & Garden, for the extra hose. that one will come off your propane tank.

then just connect it all together with tees and your good to go!

here is what mine looks like.
https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/data/1/12459-Picture061.jpg
it was relatively inexpensive. make sure you do a pressure/leak test before you go firing it up!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for all the help guys!!

I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this one.

I use a soldered rigid copper tubing + flex connectors.

Be sure to give your system a once over with soapy water at all joints to check for leaks. I found one of my flex-hose connectors was loose and allowing propane to leak. Definitely good to find before your first ignition.

Back