Project of the Month

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm starting a new feature here and it's pretty simple. It's a DIY project of the month. You guys spend a ton of time living up to the brewing spirit of innovation, taking chances, and improving the brewing of all so I would like to feature a new project every month.

Now how do we do that?

I would like you all, to submit your suggestions to this thread. After I have 10 entries I will shut this thread down, and open up a one week voting period.

I will feature that winner, and their project here in this forum, on our front page, and of course I will be providing one year of supporting membership free of charge.

So, lets open this up. Who would you guys like to see featured for the first HomeBrewTalk.com DIY Project of the Month?

Hi TxBrew,
great idea! Now, are you considering we pick something that is within a month old - or are you thinking of an all time great project that can be highlighted for a month?

Is this for a completely new project or an existing thread already? I think it's a cool idea maybe some members that don't normally post things will start showing what's on their minds.

It has to be an existing thread and brewing related.

My vote is not for a single DIY build, it's for a person cause he helps so many people with his awesome electrical drawings and knowledge... P-J

Volume markings.

All the programming stuff is uber cool, but way over MY head on the programmin' aspect, and think that it may be as well for most home brewers,but I could be mistaken!

I would GUESS the people that can embrace this technology the easiest would be of the 20-35 year old age group.

I do like it though!

Here's something I think every bottler could use. Made my day a lot faster when I used to bottle. Pretty easy mod.

Double-Barrel Bottling: Now, Twice as Fast!

IMG_05406.JPG

Bumpity bump. I count only 5 or maybe 7 nominations. Is that the best we can do!?

I've like to see a nomination for a DIY NG burner build/conversion for under $50! Anyone?

My pizza oven build thread is so cool you need to put a sweater on when you read it. I'll be the inaugural winner hands down.

I'd definitely nominate it for "most inane insults in a single thread." But a DIY thread...not so much.

I'd definitely nominate it for "most inane insults in a single thread." But a DIY thread...not so much.

Ouch. I'm not feeling the love.

Ignore all of my 'friends' (God knows I do) and the oven thread is wicked pissah.

Whatever. You're not getting invited over for pizza night anytime soon.

:)

It has to be an existing thread and brewing related.

Ouch. I'm not feeling the love.

Ignore all of my 'friends' (God knows I do) and the oven thread is wicked pissah.

Whatever. You're not getting invited over for pizza night anytime soon.

:)

Pizza and beer may go together and I do like the oven (it hasn't fell down yet has it?) it is not brewing related, no love here either:D

I'm starting a new feature here and it's pretty simple. It's a DIY project of the month. You guys spend a ton of time living up to the brewing spirit of innovation, taking chances, and improving the brewing of all so I would like to feature a new project every month.

Now how do we do that?

I would like you all, to submit your suggestions to this thread. After I have 10 entries I will shut this thread down, and open up a one week voting period.

I will feature that winner, and their project here in this forum, on our front page, and of course I will be providing one year of supporting membership free of charge.

So, lets open this up. Who would you guys like to see featured for the first HomeBrewTalk.com DIY Project of the Month?

Love the idea, although I think it would help if you put some sort of time like within the last 12 months. Although, since this is a new idea... Maybe let it be open to all the awesome inovations for the first couple months.

Hope to finish my JSP motorized Malt Mill later this month or early January. Mock up now with the sheaves/pulleys installed. Table is currently being built by my Father.

JSP Mill.jpg

Latest posts

Back