problems using a fridge/freezer as fermentation chamber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1/2" thermowell I built and it sits inside my carboy I fill it with starsan and im pretty sure its the closest to the temp of the beer one can get. I feel that is very accurate can control my temperature very well.

-=Jason=-

I have a 1/2" thermowell I built and it sits inside my carboy I fill it with starsan and im pretty sure its the closest to the temp of the beer one can get. I feel that is very accurate can control my temperature very well.

-=Jason=-

You happen to have a pic of that? I looked through some of your posts, but didnt see it.

try here - Brewers Hardware
TW_S_16.jpg

you get a 2-hole stopper - one for the thermowell, one for the airlock

because of temperature reaction time, you probably need to change the differential somewhat on your controller. - as in, by the time the cooling/heating system turns off, it will still impart action on that thermal mass we call wort.

try here - Brewers Hardware
TW_S_16.jpg

you get a 2-hole stopper - one for the thermowell, one for the airlock

because of temperature reaction time, you probably need to change the differential somewhat on your controller. - as in, by the time the cooling/heating system turns off, it will still impart action on that thermal mass we call wort.

Oh, I've seen those. I guess I was envisioning something more crafted. :fro:

This is replying to a 5 year old post, but I was wondering if there were any other huge principal differences in setup of a chest freezer for fermentation other than more than 2 cycles- for someone like myself that lives in a place actually hotter than Guam?

Thanks!

Back