Problems getting gas to the keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capa

Reaction score
New to kegging and I just got my 5lb co2 tank filled and hooked it up to my regulator. The high pressure gauge reads 900 psi. When I go to adjust my low pressure gauges with the pressure control knobs nothing happens. Nothing. The gauges stay at 0 psi. No leaks either. I tried with it hooked up to my keg and without the keg. Am I missing something super easy here or is something wrong with my regulator?

Thanks.

OK, well, nevermind I guess. I didn't turn it far enough it looks like. But, that opens up another question. The knobs were VERY difficult to turn far enough to get gas flowing. ANyway to lubricate or ease the turn of the knobs or do I just have to use the fantastic power that is my arm muscles each time? Thanks.

One thing to check is if your regulator adjustment knobs pull out to adjust (kind of like a pull-out crown on an old style wristwatch)...

Don't know if that helps...

Both my micromatic regs have a collar on the threads, which you can insert a locking screw into, so you can make a 'preset' stop point for opening the valve without having to see the gauge.

make sure yours isn't pushed against the main regulator body, and if so, back it towards the knob so you have available threads to screw into the body to open the valve further.

Back