Problem with Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Normans54

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I typically label my bottles with Avery laser labels (5265) and I have had an issue. Whenever I put the bottles in the fridge, the labels shrivel up and "wrinkle." Additionally, when I put beers with this label in a cooler filled with ice, the labels disintegrate because of water from melted ice. I have seen people just use standard paper and milk/flour, but I would prefer an all in one adhesive sheet. As a result, I was wondering if anybody had a different suggestion. I have tried the polyester weatherproof laser labels from onlinelabels.com, but the problem is that once the bottles got cold, the condensation that formed underneath the label caused it to peel off really easily. Does anybody have a suggestion as to a quality laser label that will permanently stick to the bottle, won't shrivel up when chilled, and won't disintegrate if it gets wet? Thanks!

Back