Problem with Barley Crusher Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KegOutlet

Bring your craft to draft
Reaction score
We bought a Barley Crusher Mill w/ 7 lb hopper about 6 months ago.

Had only used it a couple times before one of the adjustment pins came completely loose and slips all the way open while we are grinding our malt.

We have to hold the pin with a set of pliers now to keep it in the position we need it for the entire grind process... Super frustrating!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix? Or is it time for a new mill?

Precision machining with Quality Control and a LifeTime Warranty assures the homebrewer that this will be the only grain mill they will ever purchase!

From their website… give them a call

I've had mine for about 2 years with no issues. Might be a dumb question, but you tightened up all the screws, right? My only advice would be to contact Barley Crusher and see if they will fix or replace it. It should definitely hold up longer than 6 months.

Try cranking the screws in place really tight; on my mill they do loosen over time. I have been using it for over 4 years. I agree with Bryce, it should hold up and if that doesn't work, I'd give them a call.

It does have a lifetime warranty.

Apparently, my lifetime was expected to be quite short. :p

I still have mine, but it's been a pain since shortly after getting it. It's been sent back twice, and many emails and phone calls have been attempted on my part (they rarely reply). It's probably my worse brewing purchase, ever, and I don't recommend them.

Food for thought: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/barley-crusher-customer-service-297352/

It does have a lifetime warranty.

Apparently, my lifetime was expected to be quite short. :p

I still have mine, but it's been a pain since shortly after getting it. It's been sent back twice, and many emails and phone calls have been attempted on my part (they rarely reply). It's probably my worse brewing purchase, ever, and I don't recommend them.

Food for thought: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/barley-crusher-customer-service-297352/

I agree with this 100%. Sorry your part of the club now.

one of the adjustment pins came completely loose and slips all the way open while we are grinding our malt.

We have to hold the pin with a set of pliers now to keep it in the position we need it for the entire grind process...

Why can't you tighten the adjustment pin?

Actually I don't know what you're referring to as the adjustment pin.

Precision machining with Quality Control and a LifeTime Warranty assures the homebrewer that this will be the only grain mill they will ever purchase!

From their website… give them a call

From what I understand, they stopped answering their phones. This is a common problem that unfortunately many people are learning about first-hand.

And unfortunately they only show up here on the forums to bash the competition and not to add any value.

I haven't had this issue with mine... yet, but if it happens I would probably try lock tight. There are two colors (red and blue) one is meant to be easier to remove than the other. I'm thinking its the blue. We use to use the red at the Harley shop all the time.

Back