3D Printed Corona Mill Cover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhedrick83

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
@LBussy was kind enough to print a Corona Mill cover for me that was posted by @WinterWarlock in this thread:

Corona Mill Cover

Due to a dead thermometer, today's brew day turned into a fiddle with my gear day. First thing was to put on the cover. I had not brewed since it came in the mail so this was a perfect time to get it sorted.

I had to take the mill basically completely apart to get it on, which was fine and gave me a chance to dust everything off. Putting the cover on itself was easy, the trick was that it changed the depth of the bolt pushing the plate against the mill itself. Complicating that was the fact that mill cover made it hard to see if the driveshaft on the mill was lining up with the hole in the U shaped bracket used to adjust the grind depth. After messing with it for a few, I noticed there was a compression ring holding the ball in place used to adjust depth in the U shaped bracket. That ring was giving me problems as it did not want to adjust back down, so I just pulled it out. That made getting the drive shaft married in to the U shaped bracket and everything tightened down much easier.

It took me a minute to get the grind depth dialed back in as I couldn't see the two mill plates with the cover on and the difference in bolt depth meant that my old thread markings were no good.

I finally got it dialed just about right and I must say that the cover works very well! No grain or dust flying everywhere and I get to watch a nice stream of grain come out the bottom. It even fits well in my Ugly Mill Bucket. My only concern will be what happens with bigger grain bills as the grain may pile high enough to block the chute. That can easily be fixed by emptying the bucket halfway through or doing the double bucket set up. I'm going to be setting up a dedicated brew space soon, so I'll address that then. I'll have to see if build up in the chute becomes an issue as well but a can of compressed air can fix that quickly.

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

A big thanks again to LBussy as I know he said getting it to print was a bit of a pain. I'm hoping to give brew day a shot again tomorrow and will be putting this to full use then.

Back