primed batch reactivated before bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisbrewg

Reaction score
Hello friends

I primed a batch which has been sitting in secondary for a few months but got distracted by normal non brewing activity and now the Airlock is showing activity. Do you
think I can bottle it in the morning... Roughly 20 hours after priming or do I need to wait til it stops and prime again?

There is no reason to wait more than 30-60 minutes after adding priming sugar to bottle. You can just add more priming sugar, it is probably already fermented. If you're worried it hasn't finished, you can wait a day or two and prime again.

Thanks. I got distracted and left it too long. Its been active for two days now. Any ideas what the result might be? I hope I haven't done too much damage

Late reply, but I doubt it'll even change at all. The amount of priming sugar has a negligible impact. You'll get a fraction of an ABV increase and that's it. The only thing you've really lost is your time. Beer should still be just fine.

Latest posts

Back