price of raspberries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59f100292

Reaction score
What do you guys pay per quart for raspberries? were having a dispute around here. One side thinks they sell for 4 dollars/quart the other thinks they go for 16/qt. I found surprisingly little info online. what do you guys pay?

Well, when they were more "in-season" around here (til about 3 or 4 weeks ago) they were $8/quart. But as for what I pay, it's $0 unless someone wants to calculate what my time is worth. :D

I've never seen them for sale commercially, so I have no idea what they'd cost. I've bought blueberries, for $2 per pound. Most fruits are sold by the pound.

We found U-pick raspberries for $1.25 a pound in our area. Or maybe it was 1.50/pound, but it was dirt cheap; we picked 14 pounds in about an hour. Are there any U-Pick places you can stop at next time they're in season?

I paid $6 a pound about two weeks ago at the local Cub foods, they were even organic at that.

well 6 pounds is about 4 quarts i think. That would be 48 dollars at my price vs 36 for yours. Maybe they really do get 12/qt at farmers markets

Get mine for free in the backyard. Blueberries are the cost of gas to get up on the hillsides where they grow. Those and Rhubarb grow really well up here.

Now blackberries are another story. Usually 4-5 bucks a pint up here. Frozen are much cheaper so we rarely buy fresh.

Back