Pretty Things - St. Botolph's Town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seven

Reaction score
We were in Boston last week and one of our friends recommended a beer called St. Botolph's Town by Pretty Things. I'm usually not a big fan of brown ales but this one blew my socks off!

If you are in Boston, MA or anywhere within the Pretty Things distribution area then I highly recommend trying this beer. We had it on draft at a place called Meadhall in Cambridge which is right down the street from the Cambridge Brewing Co.

I've been craving this beer ever since we returned home to Florida from the Northeast. I sent Pretty Things an email asking for tips on how to brew this at home and I'll post any information I get from them here.

Pretty Things makes some mighty tasty brews IMHO. I find that they take styles I enjoy and do something special and different to the style to give it some extra flair that I usually really like.

I have never had the St. Botolph's Town, but I will keep an eye open for it now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I was just up in Boston a few weeks ago and snagged a couple bottles of this (as well as anything else of theirs I could find). I agree wholeheartedly. St. Botolph's is a damn fine beer. Seems anything Pretty Things makes is memorable to me. I bought a few different bottles to send to my friends in Denver but I'm finding it hard to part with them...

+1 Haven't had a bad brew by Pretty Things. Jack D'Or is a great beer IMO. I wish they distributed down in MD :(

My in laws live in silver spring md and are able to find pretty things. I'm not sure where they get it bit next time i talk to them ill try to find out. I know he can't get fund their whole line but he's def found 2 or 3.

I'm originally from Boston and just moved to NJ, and I'm really hoping to find some Pretty Things beers down here. I just reviewed St. Botolph's Town on my blog, and I loved it, too. Baby Tree is another of theirs that I just love.

St. Botolph's Town is fantastic. I'm not a huge fanatic of the style, but this beer is malty, flavorful, and well balanced. The Pretty Things folks are super nice as well, and might very well reply to the email asking questions. I met them last year when they were going around Boston offering tastings at various local stores.

My favorite so far is the Fluffy White Rabbits (hoppy tripel). I'm hoping that I'll be able to find their brews at Binny's when I move back to IL next year - either that or I'll have to have them order me some :)

My in laws live in silver spring md and are able to find pretty things. I'm not sure where they get it bit next time i talk to them ill try to find out. I know he can't get fund their whole line but he's def found 2 or 3.

If you find out, please post back!

Chevy Chase wine and liquor on Connecticut ave. It is technically in dc I guess. Hope this is close enough to you to help

Ahh that makes sense. DC is like the wild west of beer distribution. Since it isn't a state they can get around lots of distribution restrictions, and hence have a much larger selection (typically) than any stores in surrounding Maryland or Virginia.

I'll keep an eye out next time I'm down there, thanks for following up!

Back