preping the brand new cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepetitnormand

Reaction score
alright this month will see me brewing my first all grain. I just got back from home depot and boy oh boy all their coolers had a really bad smell. What did you guys do to remove that smell, how long did it take ? I was aiming for next saturday as a brew day but after smelling those coolers I fear that will have to wait or , i will have to go biab (which is fine with me really)

Bad like how ? Mine had a faint plastic smell but nothing I would describe as 'bad'

Bad like how ? Mine had a faint plastic smell but nothing I would describe as 'bad'

well I am pretty sensitive to smell and taste more than must pepeole (and believe it or not but I work in a sweage plant while going to school) and it's bad enought that I had to close the lid back quickly, the paint section two aisle down was a pure joy in the smell department

This road is well travelled and I have never heard of a cooler ruining a brew.

not worrying too much about it but wanted to take the best option and fugured out the forum will provide good info on how to manage this.

thanks guy for the info.

Well if it smells like anything other than new plastic I would take it back and exchange it. Should be bright white and clean on the inside... Smooth, no scratches or marred up surfaces... any of that and maybe you got a return that never should have been on the shelf

Latest posts

Back