Pre Built GFCI panel at home depot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movet22

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am going to have my 240v panel installed within a few days and wanted to get some opinions about this guy: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...;panel;100686230-_-100669936-_-N#.UPydMCfLRGk

It seems to be a best case scenairo for me: 4 prong dryer outlet, 2 extra plugs, GFCI and pre assembled (as you may or may not know by now, I LOVE pre assembled electrical things :D )

The question is: are there any drawbacks for this? It seems as it will be less work for me/my father in law (doing the major wiring). Can I pull the trigger in this, or should I just go with this: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...&keyword=spa+panel&storeId=10051#.UPyhLifLRGk , get an outlet and try to wire it myself (or let my father in law do it).

Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

+1 on what reynolds said...the GFCI that the RV panel refers to is the 20A one with household type plugs

Someone posted not long ago that Lowes has a 50amp GFCI spa panel made by Eaton for 50$. Maybe check them out and save 20 bucks.

Ok, dumb question here, I am going to start doing this myself in a few days, so as I am doing a lot of searching on this at the moment, I figured asking here couldn't hurt either:

All I have to do is buy a 50a GFCI spa panel, wire in a dryer outlet (mine needs to be 4 prong) and then have my electrician (father in law) wire it to my main breaker box. Is this right, or am I missing something major here?

Ok, dumb question here, I am going to start doing this myself in a few days, so as I am doing a lot of searching on this at the moment, I figured asking here couldn't hurt either:

All I have to do is buy a 50a GFCI spa panel, wire in a dryer outlet (mine needs to be 4 prong) and then have my electrician (father in law) wire it to my main breaker box. Is this right, or am I missing something major here?

Personally, I would put an appropriately sized nema 14 receptacle coming from your main breaker panel, and wire the spa panel to plug into that receptacle. That makes your GFCI portable. What amperage will you have from your main breaker panel?

Back