Prairie Vous Francais extract clone help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuckerlux

Reaction score
I really want to jump into a sour beer with something low abv, crisp, and refreshing. Could anyone help with an extract clone of Prairie Vous Francais from Prairie Artisan Ales?

This is what the website says, “Prairie Vous Francais is our farmhouse ale modeled after our first beer, Prairie Ale, but with a lower ABV making it the perfect table beer. Vous is dry, crisp, and conditioned with brettanomyces...”

Abv is 3.9, can’t find any ibu info anywhere, but it’s not high. I’ve read somewhere, maybe the bottle, that they use add wheat and oats to this one but I don’t know the proportions.

Thanks!

It’s a nice beer, been a while since I’ve had it but if I were trying to do something similar with extract I’d just use 100% pils DME, throw a bit of noble hops in for like 15-20 IBU, ferment with a saison strain and pitch the dregs from an actual bottle or two of the real deal for the Brett. I bet you’ll get pretty close or still something great.

Thanks for the reply and the advice!
That's the way I'm leaning, too.
Here's what I've come up with so far, based on what I can get in bulk at my local shop.

6 gal. batch
5.5 lbs Pilsen LME (most at flameout)
.5 oz each Hallertau & Saaz 60 min.
.25 oz each Hallertau & Saaz 30 min.
.25 oz each Haller tau & Saaz 1 min.

Wyeast French Saison 3711 (and maybe some dregs if I can get my hands on a bottle!)

Projected OG 1.032 to FG 1.006
3.4% ABV
18 IBUs
2 SRM

I just brewed a standard bitter so it'll be a bit before this one, but I'm excited about it!

Latest posts

Back