Potentially a bad idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alterosity

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone here has tried Goblin Juice from Meijer's, but I had the thought that a fermented dry version may be an interesting drink. It's a mixture of grape and blackcurrant juice that's been sweetened and artificially colored (Red 40, Yellow 5?). It has tannic acid and a couple other acids that are undoubtedly preservatives.

My plan would be to basically put 5 gallons of it in a fermenter and add a packet of Montrachet yeast. Bad idea? :confused:

I remember when I started homebrewing and thought, "My GOD, you can ferment ANYTHING with sugar in it!!!!!!!!!" Pomegranate braggot - fail. Christmas mead - fail. Brown ale with 1/2 gallon of maple syrup - delicious but at 8.5% needed a lot of aging.

Don't waste your money, time, and space on something like this. If you really want to experiment with crazy stuff, make a gallon at a time. Save those dollars for making quality beer.

Back