Post fermentation options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukes7779

Reaction score
Going to be moving up to a 1bbl system and will want to try distributing to local bars in kegs. What options do I have for processes post ferm? Just fill kegs and force carb? Have a brite tank to carb and transfer to keg? What is the cheapest option, what is the fastest way to carb it up, what is the most consistent/best quality? I know some of the answers will probably overlap. Ugh...

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Going to be moving up to a 1bbl system and will want to try distributing to local bars in kegs.
lots of laws and stuff....

What options do I have for processes post ferm? Just fill kegs and force carb?
sure

Have a brite tank to carb and transfer to keg?
sure

What is the cheapest option,
fill keg and carb

what is the fastest way to carb it up,
force carb

what is the most consistent/best quality?
bright tank

I know some of the answers will probably overlap. Ugh...

Going to be moving up to a 1bbl system and will want to try distributing to local bars in kegs. What options do I have for processes post ferm? Just fill kegs and force carb? Have a brite tank to carb and transfer to keg? What is the cheapest option, what is the fastest way to carb it up, what is the most consistent/best quality? I know some of the answers will probably overlap. Ugh...

Cheers

Are you using unitanks? If so, carb in those then transfer to kegs. No need for a brite tank unless you are going to serve from it. We have a local 10bbl brewery that distributes and serves on site using unitanks to keg, no brite tanks at all.

Was planning on Blichman 42 gallon fermenters. Any problems with consistency carbing in your unitanks? Do you force carb in them?

Thanks

Back