Post counter go away !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still answer an awful lot of beer-related questions, but not many are about decoctions or water chemistry. Maybe I'm a little intimated by "hard" questions so I usually defer to the more experienced in those cases. I still learn things nearly every day, so I don't feel that I've outgrown HBT as a brewer. I guess I'm a slower learner than most, though, if I'm reading this right.

My old boss who taught me everything I know about restaurants had a wonderful theory on this. I can't share it because it involved my employees. But basically it involved collective learning.

To gerneralize this theory: As the HBT brewing group progresses in knowledge, you find that you learn more and more. As you reach a knowledgable position, you help other brewers reach your level. But the brewers equal to your knowledge continue to push each other to new heights, collectively pushing the knowledge of the group higher and higher.

That's how some of us n00bs can answer the "silly repetitive questions" while keeping the more knowledgable brewers focussing on whatever makes you guys good brewers.

Just a combination of patience, the magic of cut and past, fasting typing skills, AND working in academia, on a fast computer that allows me to have hbt pretty much open all the time...oh and no life as we know it.

I do want everyone to be aware....

You're running at a 19.14 post/day rate.

I've averaged 16.08 posts/day since I joined.

Just sayin', is all....

Back