Possible over carbonation issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grad

Reaction score
I just bottles a batch of cider(5 gallons) and primed it with corn sugar(180g). Usually I boil the sugar in a cup of water until it's fully clear but this time I just mixed warm water(about a cup) into the sugar and then racked onto it and stirred it gently for probably 5-10 seconds and then bottled as usual. I'm very concerned though because when I dump the last little bit( about 1 oz) from the bottling bucket to give it a taste, it was cloudy and very sweet which obviously means not all the sugar mixed in. I bottles in glass flip tops(Grolsch and think 1 litres brown glass ones from the LHBS) so I'm concerned some of them could explode if the sugar isn't even distributed throughout the bottles. Should I be concerned? I know these bottles can hold quite a bit of carb. I also did 2 plastic bottles to minutes carbonation. Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back