Positive Experience with ExChillerator Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malangon

Reaction score
I have been a homebrewer for too long to remember, but I took a lot of time off and only recently decided to get back into it. I decided to take my time and build a new all-electric brewery. I have spent a lot of time collecting parts and I got stuck with one particular piece.

I bought a coil of stainless steel tubing to serve as a HERMS coil inside the HLT. It was against my own sense of logic due to thermal transfer properties, but it was recommended due to ability to clean properly.

What I didn’t count on was how incredibly impossible it is to bend this stuff. I tried myself and it just wasn’t happening. I contacted a billion metal shops and homebrew shops and nobody could help me. Just when I thought I should give up, I was told by a homebrew shop in Connecticut that I should “call Kenny, he can help you”. Not know who Kenny was, I found that he is the owner of the ExChillerator product and he lived local to this shop in CT.

A few quick phone calls and Kenny agreed to have me over to his workshop. 15 minutes later, we were working on this tubing and chatting about brewing.

I wanted to tell this story because this guy was so incredibly accommodating, fun to talk to, and he’s really passionate about his products. (He has a lot of new stuff coming to market which I cannot discuss!).

After seeing his counterflow chiller in person, I bought one on the spot and I also walked away with a perfectly bent coil of my SS tubing for my HLT.

My suggestion is that if you’re looking for a new chiller, take a look at his product. He thought this one through, it’s easy to clean, and the performance is supposed to be great. He stands by his products.

I’d be happy to take a photo of this thing when I get it in action. In the meantime, happy brewing!

P.S. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to his website in this forum since I’m new to it, but if you search for his product you should find it.

What makes it easier to clean than any other counter flow chiller? I’ve been considering one of these but cleaning has been a sticking point for me.

Back