Portable Spa Panel for GFCI protection...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Marsh_Brewer

Reaction score
Okay, so I feel this has been asked before, but I would like a definitive answer.

I found this panel on ebay. I would like to make a portable GFCI protection device for my system. I was wondering if it will work. It looks as if it will, but I wanted some input before I purchased it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-...545345?hash=item488a656201:g:8dAAAOSwofxUe0Rm

right now, my wall plug-in (for my welder), and my brew controller, run on L6-30 plugins and receptacles. Will this panel work with 3 wire (HHG) going in and 3 wire (HHG) going out?

Eventually, I plan on upgrading my panel to a more automated panel and was going to go start by upgrading the plugin in my garage to a 4 wire dryer plugin then upgrade the spa panel to go 4 wire in (HHNG) to still be 3 wire (HHG) out for the small controller, then once the big controller is made upgrade it to 4 wire in/out. Are these upgrades reasonable and possible?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseum and I didn't see the answer in my searches.

Just as an FYI this is my current plug in and controller, its just a simple system that runs one element at a time with a relay, SSR and AUBER DSPR1

2015-07-08 12.47.51.jpg

2016-01-09 12.31.22.jpg

Back