Porcelain tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyChopps

Reaction score
I'm starting my keezer and I have a pretty cool 5 tap warsteiner porcelain tower. I got the tower from a dude on eBay and I know at least one part is missing and I feel like I may have an extra piece. So my question does anyone have pics of how a standard porcelain tower goes together?

Man.... I was so hoping for an epic toilet conversion build. You'd have to be careful to avoid the gag factor, but, maybe mount the taps on the front of the tank, put a grate over the bowl for resting glassware and catching spillage, it could be done!

Sorry, I don't have anything useful to add. Maybe if you can figure out who manufactured the thing (not Warsteiner, the hapless schmucks who get paid to slap some lazy brewer's logo on their lovingly-crafted beer tower), you can google around for installation manuals or schematics?

So he's the pics of all the pieces and the way I think it goes. The piece missing is the piece that screws the top button down and I think the extra is the gold ring standing up in the last pic. The only reason I wonder if its wrong is because the ss piece that houses the taps when you put the top piece back on as a finish product it looks crappy and badly built.

image-4287006013.jpg

image-1429337820.jpg

image-2801563161.jpg

image-1895249601.jpg

image-954844787.jpg

If you mean between the bottom piece and the ss box. I thought that too however all the pieces seem to fit better without the ring installed.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I was hoping someone would have a solution for the ugly way the top sits on the ss box. I've seen other porcelain towers that didn't look this way.

The Square metal piece holds the top on and fits in the tap box.. the other ring goes under the tap box between the tap box and the porcelain base.

Thanks Rick I had the rods and the square plate down. Like I said earlier its seems less secure when I put that other ring between the tap box and the lower porcelain section. I guess I will just have to live with the way the top of the tap box looks when assemble. Thanks guys.

Good Luck Joey.. Its a sweet rig you have there. Wish I wouldn't have sold mine.. it was a Pfungstader premium.

Right on man. I'm hoping to be in fl in the next year or so. I got a screaming deal on the tower off of eBay. I will have pics of the build I'm doing something a little different so it should turn out well.

Stealthcruiser said:
Is the bottom side of the oval shaped "box" open?

The "crack" you refer to is just the seam, where the plate "closes out" the opening in the oval box?

The bottom side of the ss draft box has a whole to sit on top of bottom base. And yes the crack is the seam where the top piece sits on top of the draft box. It's the access panel to get inside the draft box. I have been thinking of a clever way to cover up the seam. You can see the top off of the draft box in pic 2.

Hoppylikerabbits said:
He works at O'charlie's. I know this guy!

Haha. I wonder if my last comment sounds sh1tty. I was being sarcastic. I do work on the base there's not much more to do around this place.

Haha. I wonder if my last comment sounds sh1tty. I was being sarcastic. I do work on the base there's not much more to do around this place.

No ****t1ness noted ;)

Then you should have an acquaintance in the sheet metal shop.........As in bend you up a new stainless box, with a closed top, hole in the middle for a pass through, and open on the bottom side.........Get the corners welded up, and grind 'em smooth.

You Civil Service types kill me.........;)

Or active duty?

Not really I have seen the terrible work most of them do on the airplane and then they f-up the rework. I wish I knew some active duty sheet metal guys they always did pretty great.

So, no active duty action in the sheet metal shop there, ( not the hangar floor!)?

Anybody in that shop look THIRSTY?

I have a buddy down there in Civil Service that was a good sheet metal guy when we were on active duty........YEARS ago.

Not sure what he does now.

Stealthcruiser said:
So, no active duty action in the sheet metal shop there, ( not the hangar floor!)?

Anybody in that shop look THIRSTY?

I have a buddy down there in Civil Service that was a good sheet metal guy when we were on active duty........YEARS ago.

Not sure what he does now.

Nope we have no AD guys around me just silly villains. Also I live in south ga so if it ain't bud light it anti **** you crazy sombitch. I'm thinking the ss tap box should be high enough that it won't really be in direct line of sight.

Latest posts

Back