Poll of your views on Daylight savings time - changes.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think it should stay as is or be eliminated?

• Keep it as is.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Go to Daylight Savings year round for more light in the evening.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Go to Standard Time year round for more light in the morning.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Don't care just pick one or the other.

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Should it stay as is or be set to Daylight Savings or Standard time year round.

I am not a morning person, so I favor Daylight Savings year round for more light in the evening. I hate the changing.

Should it stay as is or be set to Daylight Savings or Standard time year round.

I am not a morning person, so I favor Daylight Savings year round for more light in the evening. I hate the changing.

If you hate changing, consider moving to Arizona!

Pick a horse and ride it. I don’t really care which.

Our farm is just a few miles south of the Canadian border. We’re far enough north that the time change really doesn’t make much difference. In the summer we have 16 hours of daylight; in the winter, 8. It really doesn’t matter what the clock says.

The farther north of 40°, the less of a difference DST seems to make.

Might be nice but too far from Family, which is the main reason that I moved from RI to FL. a couple of years ago.

Ah, what a great reason to move! Family first as it should be.

Did I mention we have dry heat here in AZ? Plus, absolutely no threat of hurricanes. No alligators too.

You and your family are welcomed in AZ anytime.

I don't care which it is either, standard or daylight, I just want to stick with one all year. It's gotten even more ridiculous since then number of months (or weeks) on standard has gotten so short anymore.

IMO we should move to DST and stay there

I'm near the western edge of continental Pacific time zone in the Upper Left Corner. it kills me that at the peak of daylight hours I have light outside before 3:30A when on DST. I can't envision it being light outside beginning around 2:30A, but then being dark in the evening around 9:30P.

Thanks to DST, that extra hour of evening light is great for hanging outside with family after a long day at work. The extra hour in the morning would be totally lost to the light blocking curtains I need to use in order to keep sleeping until 5:30A when my alarm goes off.

and honestly, we should alter the revolution around the sun....that way we can have nice long 16-17 hour days year round! the plants can just deal with it!

Bike commuter here - I appreciate the early morning light Dec to Feb. I'd be riding in the dark otherwise.

....i've heard snake bites are expensive though.....and javalenia are ornery....

In AZ, I'm careful when I go out in front of my house or open the garage door at night. Always shining with a flashlight looking for the bright yellow eyes shining back. Unfortunately, the herd of 22 beds down on my property and they are not scared of humans. The Arizona Fish & Game believe one on my neighbors might be feeding them. It is pretty intimidating when you hear their hooves walking/running on our concrete drive way and flagstone.

Florida has rattlesnakes too along with huge Burmese pythons!

People should come and vacation in AZ as there is so much to see. As a side benefit, the time zone doesn't change....

I am not a fan. I live fairly far north so the change to DST effects sleep more for me. Having it light out past 10pm means my brain chemistry isn't going to let me just go to sleep even though I had to be up at 3:30am (lived over 25 years like this, luckily I don't have to go to work so early anymore). I can easily sleep after the first light of the morning.

I think DST is more geared toward those who live in the southern part of the US so they can enjoy more of the sunlight during the summer because the day/night swings aren't nearly as bad for them over the course of a year.

In the end it's all a mind game anyway. We could just as easily change work schedules during the summer but it would probably result in a lot of complaining about having to get up an hour earlier, lol.

Back