Please review my draft system order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackhole

Reaction score
Getting ready to place this order with Keg Connection and I wanted to see if there was anything I missed, besides the kegs themselves.

I'm going to do a two-faucet fridge system.

Comments?

Screen Shot 2014-05-16 at 7.44.43 PM.png

Have them double the beer line lengths. It'll save time, money and aggravation as you'll go to 10+ footers eventually...

Cheers!

Have them double the beer line lengths. It'll save time, money and aggravation as you'll go to 10+ footers eventually...

Cheers!

Why will I do that? If it matters, I'm running the shanks through the refrigerator door. Really the only option based on the location of the fridge.

I dont know if money is a concern but Co2 tanks are cheap and regularly on craigslist. There are 2 5lb tanks with regulators for $30 and $35 respectively on in my area right now.

As for beerline length for most people converting fridges 10-12ft per tap seems to be the magic length for cutting down foaming which can be a decent problem.

Why will I do that? If it matters, I'm running the shanks through the refrigerator door. Really the only option based on the location of the fridge.

If you run 5ft lines on each tap, you will be dealing with foamy beer all the time. You need to double that. 10' line is usually good for the setup you are going with. Trust me, been there, done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Had no idea that shorter lines contributed to foaming, I'm glad I posted this thread!

Simply use electrical tape or plastic ties to keep extra line in coils. You will appreciate this advice after first pour. Some lines due to low friction need `16 feet.

Yep. I use 12' of 3/16 line per tap at 12#'s of pressure. For me, it was the easiest way to fix my foaming issues with my setup.

Also, check out craigslist for items before buying your kit. There's always tons of good stuff on there. There's no point in buying a new cylinder because majority of places will only swap out tanks for refills, so you're going to end up with a used one anyways.

I'd just buy the faucets and shanks, then search for the rest of the parts locally and on eBay.

Keg Connection is overpriced, imo.

Yep. I use 12' of 3/16 line per tap at 12#'s of pressure. For me, it was the easiest way to fix my foaming issues with my setup.

Also, check out craigslist for items before buying your kit. There's always tons of good stuff on there. There's no point in buying a new cylinder because majority of places will only swap out tanks for refills, so you're going to end up with a used one anyways.

I'd just buy the faucets and shanks, then search for the rest of the parts locally and on eBay.

Keg Connection is overpriced, imo.

I sure would love to live where you guys do. My local Craigslist doesn't have crap for homebrewing supplies.

Back