Please help my wife get into Beer Camp!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall_Yotie

Reaction score
Greetings fellow brewers! last year I went to Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp, and my beer actually made the Best of Beer Camp variety pack (Belgian Black IPA). I got there with the help of this community, so many thanks!

My wife is trying to go this year, and is needing a lot of votes. Any will help! No signing up, jsut click and vote, done.

www.tinyurl.com/katiebeer

That links directly to her video. After the age verification you may have to click the link a second time to go directly to her video.

You can vote once a day. Would love to get her there, she is incredibly talented and is an avid homebrewer.

Thank you all for your time and votes! :mug:

Cute video! Very creative. I liked it right up until she shot the beer. :(
At least is was only a can... I think a bottle would have been a SERIOUS crime.

You got my vote!

Good luck,

-Ritalin

you did a belgian black and earned your way in. pray tell.. what is her contribution? isn't that what the beer camp is for is to make good brewers great? no direspect intended to her, but there are many great brewers who MIGHT have earned a seat also

Thanks all for your votes!

Lumpher; this is for the public, for homebrewers and beer enthusiasts. I made that Belgian Black through Beer Camp, not to get into it.

Katie is a very talented brewer. She has earned many awards from local and national competitions, has a unique take on spices and hops mixtures. there are many great brewers who may have earned a spot and did not. Katie is a great brewer, so I hope she does get one of those seats.

Cheers!

Well, she just needs to be in the top 10-12 to make it. That guy has a ton of votes, we don't have the base that those guys have, so doing what we can to at least get in there!

And thanks for the vote!

I dig the video. I agree with the comment about shooting the beer, but I hope it was consumed immediately to commemorate its sacrifice. Got my vote.

Would your beer be the same one they have here on tap at the local pub? I had a SN belgian black IPA last night on tap and it was great!

Seems like a dumb way to run an amazing brewing competition. Unless I'm mistaken, the top 10 voted people get to go make beer with master brewers. I watched the top video.... Does the guy even homebrew? Why pick him?

You'd think sierra Nevada would look at each individual entry and judge based on brewing related things... Not who has the "funniest" video and the most facebook friends.

funny video..beautiful presenter..what's her fav recipe/brew

Her favorite recipe is an Imperial Stout we do with molasses, runs at 10% and is really thick.

Favorite brew is Pannepot; spiced dark Belgian quad from the area surrounding Westvleteren. Complex and delicious!

Seems like a dumb way to run an amazing brewing competition. Unless I'm mistaken, the top 10 voted people get to go make beer with master brewers. I watched the top video.... Does the guy even homebrew? Why pick him?

You'd think sierra Nevada would look at each individual entry and judge based on brewing related things... Not who has the "funniest" video and the most facebook friends.

Well, all the other Beer Camps they hold are for either industry, distributors, or large account holders.

This is for fans. It isn't really about your ability to brew, but it does help. The top 10 are popular vote, so yes, that is an odd way of doing it, as someone with a HUGE group of friends but a terrible video or reason could still make it. However another 10 are picked by staff. It is meant to just be fun, so if people go there that like beer but have no idea about brewing make it, it is not a huge hit.

Granted, I would prefer folks hat have a lot of knowledge and don't just chug brews down making it, but only a couple of those seem to be the case. I was surprised when I went with how many folks there actually are very proficient homebrewers.

For my wife, as an example, her video mentions nothing of brewing; it is just fun. But she is an EXTREMELY talented brewer, has done a fair share of judging, and has a great pallet.

I think it was a hilarious video. Who cares what other people think, you obviously had a blast making it. Only someone passionate about beer could have that much fun making a video about beer. If people don't like it, they don't have to vote.

Alas, she did not. Got a good amount of votes, had to go for the staff pick but apparently wasn't quite up to snuff. Ah well. May have been that I went last year, so they didn't want to seem like they were playing favorites. Thanks though to all that voted!

Back