Please help diagnose my current problem(s)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bisco_Ben

Reaction score
So I am in my 4th year with my cascade and chinook plants. Ive never really gotten a good harvest so I redid my trellis to give them a taller and more vertical growth. They have absolutely been coming in thicker and healthier as a result but I have an issue that seems to be coming back again which i feel is greatly effecting my harvest. I have noticed that many of the once healthy leaves are starting to dry up/wither and die off and many of my side shoots which eventually bear the cones are drying up and dying with a burnt look to them. Pictures are provided below, so am I over fertilizing? Pests? Im so bummed to be seeing these things dry up and die off...View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497570024.668552.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497570049.437225.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497570073.523687.jpg

How does the new growth look? There are two things I can think of to read about. Leaf scorch and leaf hoppers.

Back