Plan for kegerator expansion and re-plumb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twd000

Reaction score
Looking for any constructive feedback or lessons-learned as I plan an expansion and re-plumb of my kegerator.

It is a bottom-freezer fridge that has provided four years of faithful service, with three rotating beers on tap.

Goals are:
Fit five kegs instead of four with some Tetris-packing wizardry
Add a dedicated seltzer water tap for the non-beer drinkers
Reduce oxygen ingress by swapping out beer and gas lines with Evabarrier
Move the CO2 bottle outside to save space in the door
Organize beer and gas lines to make closing the door easier

Currently: 5 lb CO2 bottle in the door, Taprite dual-body regulator, 4-way barb manifold, red gas lines, Accuflex 235 beer lines, 3x Perlick 650SS flow control taps

Plan: 5 lb CO2 bottle mounted externally on the wall with Taprite reg splitting off a single line for non-keg use, one gas line penetrating through the wall, Duotight inline regulator manifold with 5 pressure settings, EVAbarrier 4mmx8mm lines and Duotight fittings on both gas and liquid side. Keep 3 Perlick taps and add 2 Nukataps through the door.

Here is my planned pressure range @ 40F kegerator temperature:
2 V = 7 psi (English ales)
2.5 V = 13 psi (most ales and lagers)
3 V = 18 psi (saison, wheat beers, hard cider)
4 V = 30 psi (seltzer water)

So I'll get 4x of the 0-23 psi gages, and 1x of the 0-30 psi gage

How much 4mm EVAbarrier line do I need for each of these taps? Do the flow-control faucets allow me to run a single standard shorter line length to all taps?

Has anyone built a 5-way manifold with these Kegland Duotight regulators? Duotight Inline In Line Regulator - With integrated gauge for water or gas - 8mm (5/16
Do these functions as shutoff valves if I close them completely?
Best way to secure the manifold base plate on the inside wall of the firdge? Any removable 3M adhesive that is strong enough?

Do I need a check valve in each gas line, or just downstream of the main regulator?

What fitting do I need to replace the MFLs coming off the Taprite regulator to convert to Duotight?

Any other tips or things to consider before I put in an order at Kegland?

Last edited:
I'm really interested in this myself, and have a lot of the same questions as you. Following thread.

Back