pizza stone suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all can relax now. I didn't season it and the pie didn't stick.

I've never heard of seasoning a pizza stone. It isn't necessary. Like a steak on a grill, dough might initially stick to a stone when it goes on but it should release by the time it is ready to come off.

Really a unique item to reference while citing your olfactory super power. LMAO

Don’t jump to conclusions! Maybe we could use a level 4 yeast sommelier! “Hey bubbles, I’m looking for a wheat yeast that doesn’t have that ripe Belgian armpit funk. What’s her name?” 🤣

Man I’m so excitable. All this pizza talk and I had to fire up!
0968BC5A-3F90-4907-9BA6-02B8A64FA1F2.jpeg

01CF288E-6F51-4C32-82E8-0EBBA4C29BD3.jpeg

Alton brown says to use a 99 cent correy stone, in his pizza episode...can't say i've tried it...just thought i'd throw it out there....
this is what i do. unglazed quarry tile. cheap cheap, but it can take direct fire over and over with no troubles.

this is what i do. unglazed quarry tile. cheap cheap, but it can take direct fire over and over with no troubles.

LOL, alton always had great ideas! i liked it in his pretzel episode when he got shut down with the lye, ;)

but you can't supress truth, and i did go on to make pretzels with food grade lye myself! of course i'm a weirdo, and made them with lentil flour...

LOL, alton always had great ideas! i liked it in his pretzel episode when he got shut down with the lye, ;)

but you can't supress truth, and i did go on to make pretzels with food grade lye myself! of course i'm a weirdo, and made them with lentil flour...
i tried using boiling baking soda once and it wasn't great. lye is the only way to get that real pretzel flavor.

Gonna try to get fancy and make a pineapple pizza with maple bourbon reduction glaze. I know what you’re thinking, “Jesus, Nick you can’t make pizza every night!” To that I say, “Shhhhhh”. 😁

Pro-Tip recently adopted. When you cover your pizza paddle in flour, also cover it with a light coating of garlic powder +1

A few weeks ago I had some excitement. I purchased a fibrament stone and grill diverter almost a year ago... welll due to poor up keep, grease and all, flames were going on, and actually burned a hole in the diverter. So I contact the company to inquire about getting a new diverter... OMG... shipment of diverter 48.00 bucks, stone and diverter 58 bucks... wow....

Back