Pittsburgh breweries/homebrew shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsan

Reaction score
Coming down from Canada to Pittsburgh in a few weeks. Any recommendations for breweries or homebrew shops?

Already salivating over House of 1,000 Beers...

Been to the house of 1000 Beers the place is pretty impressive.
There is also a restaurant called sharp edge. They have a very nice selection as well.
As far as breweries I go to The Church Brew Works a lot. It's close, they have decent food and beer. I've had beer from Hop Farm, East End, Full Pint, Roundabout, and a few others I don't remember the names right now but have had good beers at all of them.
As for Home brew shops I buy most stuff online but do use Country Wines for my non-online purchases. There are a few others but are pretty far out of my way to visit.

Couple of cool places. Full pint is pretty good. Brew gentlemen in Braddock has a decent atmosphere. And churchbrew should be experienced. I'm also a big fan of the beer market. Its on federal st on the north side right next to PNC Park. They don't serve food. Beer only. Their beer menu has to be 10-15 pages front and back. Insane.

Oh and +1 for country wines. Their sister store is south hills brewing supply. I go to country wines though its closer. Good inventory and knowledgeable employees in my experience.

Go to church brew works just for the atmosphere. Pretty cool place. Beer is ok, their wood fire pizza is better. There's a lot of breweries that have been named that are fairly close to eachother and could easily hit all in one day. East End, hop farm, roundabout and church brew works are within a few miles of each other.

assuming you're visiting on limited tome, id do the Church brewery for beer and food, then just over the hill into Lawrenceville (aka Hipsterville) is Hop Farm, Roundabout, and decent bars with good beer selections like Industry Public House (good food here too) and New Amsterdam (small tap list but usually something regional and good like Lavery or Helltown).

Sharp Edge is very good if you like overpriced Belgian beer.

Back