Pittsburgh Beer Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e_man

Reaction score
Hey all,

My First thread. My fiance and I volunteered this afternoon and then got to attend for free this afternoon (lucky us). I wanted to start a thread for this because I felt a bit overwhelmed by it all. I haven't yet tried DuClaw's sweet baby jesus before tonight, and I rather enjoyed it. Also really like the Church Brew works ambrosia brett. First brett beer that I have had. Honestly most disappointed by the Spoonwood brewery (just opened south of me)... Any other opinions or things you liked?

I am in Las Vegas, NV now but was born in Pittsburgh and lived there for many years. Forever a Steelers fan, I miss the city and hope to one day make it home again.

I have yet to experience a lot of Pittsburgh craft beers, but am soon going to be making the commute if Ohio weather cooperates. Check out The Brew Gentlemen in Braddock. I have been following them since backing on kick starter a few years ago, couple young guys with the brewery everyone dreams about.

Give me two years and I'll be back in Pittsburgh.. till then I have to suffer out here in California... Drinking things like Sierra Nevada.. O the horror. Give me a rolling rock any day...

Ok no.

But, I miss the 'burgh and have a Brother-in-Law that's into the craft brew scene there. I'll ask him what he's found good lately.

Where was the fest held? At the convention center?

Back