Pint is a legal measure and not subjective.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way it started out, it was almost dead in the water. Glad it's transitioned from quasi-personal attacks to an unbearably dull debate on the metric system ;)

GoatFarmersInternational said:
The point is that Fahrenheit uses as its scale what one might expect the normal range of ambient temperature to be in a temperate climate... So that on most days the temperature falls somewhere between the zero point and the one hundred point, compared something along the lines of minus fifteen and forty.

That's the best logic you can present? I can only suggest that you broaden your horizons a little.

There's plenty of places (including the US) where the temperature goes above and below the zero point on the F scale on a given day.

Can we now debate the spelling of aluminum vs. aluminium instead? And for homework, is it OK to use either for homebrewing?

Discuss amongst yourselves.

the_bird said:
The way it started out, it was almost dead in the water. Glad it's transitioned from quasi-personal attacks to an unbearably dull debate on the metric system ;)

So, um... uh... Anybody want to talk about organic vs. non-organic?

Or maybe how to boost the ABV of some University student's hooch?

Think its pretty funny that about 0.66 or 2/3;) of about the last three pages of the thread are people moaning about the thread still going :) .
Reminds me of work when someone replys to an all recipents email and then other slack jawed yockels reply saying 'why did i get this email' again to all recipents and so on.
Oh yeah this has been going on long enough ;) .

PS metric = logic
if you want to live your life by a set of measurements based on the size of an ear of corn or how far a ox can pull a plough be my guest :p .

delboy said:
Oh yeah this has been going on long enough ;) .

PS metric = logic
if you want to live your life by a set of measurements based on the size of an ear of corn or how far a ox can pull a plough be my guest :p .
GUILTY!!!!! like the rest of us, you just couldn't help yourself. :D ;)

Nothing like an overflowing pint of ***** to calm everyone down...

cat pint-o-kitty.jpg

delboy said:
Reminds me of work when someone replys to an all recipents email and then other slack jawed yockels reply saying 'why did i get this email' again to all recipents and so on.

Hmm - you misspelled 'yokels'. I think this is a criminal offense in some southern US states. The perpetrator will be found innocent by providing the defence 'But your honour (sorry 'honor') he NEEDED killin' :rockin:

Orpheus said:
Celsius is superior and I can prove it!

Would you rather be hung 12 inches or 30 CENTIMETERS BABY!

Yeah, that's what I thought!:ban:
Neither. The V is only about 7.5" deep so you'd be half-way out.

Besides, who cares about a long one? It's not the size that matters, it's that I get off that counts.

Now, I've heard the male anus is about 12" deep. Maybe that's why you care about long ones? You want someone to touch your duodenum?

Cheesefood said:
Neither. The V is only about 7.5" deep so you'd be half-way out.

Besides, who cares about a long one? It's not the size that matters, it's that I get off that counts.

Now, I've heard the male anus is about 12" deep. Maybe that's why you care about long ones? You want someone to touch your duodenum?

See I'd be MUCH more impressed with a 27.8871391' schlong then a 8.5 meter schlong

beer4breakfast said:
I prefer systems based on natural measurements.

For example, when I order Scotch in a bar, I'll specify either two fingers or three, neat. If the bartender has a large fat hand with big fingers, I'll specify two fingers. If he has a small hand or skinny fingers, then it's three.

What could be more natural than that? ;)

Nothing except you should be ordering irish :mug: .

you americans are nuts. I dont even know what a quart is? a quart of a gallon? its crazy...

1000ml to a litre, and then 1,000,000,000 (1 billion litres) to a gigalitre... its pretty simple. Its like 65 litres, or 3.5 litres none of this 1gallon, 3 quarts, 26 ounces and 11 nickles....

:mug:

MOD EDIT (Bird): paragraph deleted for being a personal attack - not cool.

Kadmium said:
you americans are nuts. I dont even know what a quart is? a quart of a gallon? its crazy...

A "quart" er of a gallon . . .

You want to talk about crazy WTF is a schilling or a freeking pence . . . and a Quid?

Our system works. We're a super power. nanner:ban: nanner:ban: nanner:ban:

:drunk:

Ivan Lendl said:
You guys surf with Great Whites.

Tell me frikking about it..

Let see

Home to what like the 7 DEADLIEST land snakes in the world
2 potentially deadly types of seasnake
Box Jellyfish, Deadly and the little ones too that are the size of your thumbnail (even more deadly)
Uhm, the Funnel web...deadly, black widows and a bunch of others
Platypus...one of the few poisonous mammals

I am sure I forgot other stuff too. (aside from the predators that can kill humans).

Oh and the tick that can paralyze you.

Funny enough, I was watching a tv show where the guy was fishing somewhere like 2 hours away from civilization. He sees a Platypus and doesn't know what it is. So he kicks it. The thing stabs his toe and his foot swells up like a giant balloon and he is going through fits of pain. Ahh pure genius :D

Seems that everything there wants to kill you. :D

zoebisch01 said:

I am sure I forgot other stuff too. (aside from the predators that can kill humans).
See this is why cityfolk get in trouble in places like this. If I saw a platypus I'd probably have tried to wrestle with it or something. "Poisonous? Naaahhh, it looks like a cute flappy-mouthed and flappy-assed beaver. Let's pet it!!!" ;)

Oh yea, and you forgot stingrays. Or wait a second. Maybe stingrays aren't actually Australian........they might just sting Australians. :cross: Krike!!!

zoebisch01 said:
:off:
Why the hell are those things poisonous? Talk bout over-engineering!
Lets see, it lays eggs, has a duck-bill, and is poisonous. I wonder if it can do my taxes?

Ivan Lendl said:
Lets see, it lays eggs, has a duck-bill, and is poisonous. I wonder if it can do my taxes?

it was designed by the government and Orfy dont even start. . . I dont talk **** about the Queen . . .

Ivan Lendl said:

lol. Yeah I know, well even the furry looking wierdos of the world have their poison hehe.

Fiery Sword said:
See this is why cityfolk get in trouble in places like this. If I saw a platypus I'd probably have tried to wrestle with it or something. "Poisonous? Naaahhh, it looks like a cute flappy-mouthed and flappy-assed beaver. Let's pet it!!!" ;)

Oh yea, and you forgot stingrays. Or wait a second. Maybe stingrays aren't actually Australian........they might just sting Australians. :cross: Krike!!!

Hehe. Here's the real kicker. The guy was a friggin backwoods Australian. Lol. I mean heck I know how to identify about pretty much every dangerous plant and animal in PA. Not sure how common those Platypus's are there in Australia, but that is like a guy from the Bayou not knowing that the gators have teeth.

Whatever you think of Bush, Blair, or whoever, politics don't belong here. That's the decree that's come in from above. Sucks sometimes, but by and large, that's the right policy, IMHO.

OP hasn't said boo in this thread in 2 days.

Probably because he doesn't care about:
1) The Metric System.
2) Various scientific means of measuring temperature.
3) Various anecdotal means of measuring temperature.
4) Unsolicited Seinfeld scripts.
5) Foreign currency.
6) Various means of measuring your penis.
7) The flora and fauna of Australia.
8) Lap dogs and chimps.

Back