Pink Cider Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corey Fish

Reaction score
Hey there- Apple harvest from our trees is just a few days away and I can barely contain my excitement! I've got a couple ideas for the 10-15 gallons of cider I'm planning to make but I want to do a couple 1 gallon experiment batches. I'm soliciting advice for this one, so here goes:

60% mcintosh
30% golden delicious
10% transcendent crabapple

White sugar to target an abv of 9% or so
Ferment on ~1# of grape skins (or fresh macerated grapes) and some dried hibiscus flowers that I have.

Rack to secondary, oak, acid, stabilize with k meta and k sorbate and backsweeten (still/clear cider).
Bottle in wine bottles and corks.

I'm primarily seeking feedback on tannin and acid targets. The few pink ciders I've tried seem to be pretty high in acid and in tannins. I do have the ability to perform a gravimetric PVPP assay for total tannins as well as TA. Any suggestions for what SG to backsweeten to, TA, and tannin levels to target? g/L units on the TA and tannin if you please.

Thanks!!

Corey

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back