Piney syrup like hop taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelanderson47

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Been brewing for about 3-4 years now and have made some solid beers over the years and found out lots of info thanks to the kind smart folks on this forum.

I do however have a question I couldn't find the answer to on here. I really like a syrup piney like hop taste in really big heavy IPAs I use a lot of simcoe cascade pilgrim among others but can never get that almost thick syrup piney hop taste.

Examples of beers that are like that are. Mornington brewery's ipa or stone brewery enjoy by or the 17th anniversary or 10th anniversary ruinten.

Thanks for any in site guys! Cheers Joel

Have you tried chinook yet? It's very resiny and in one of my IPAs I noticed it imparted a flavor that I could consider hop-syrup-like. You might get what you're looking for by combining it with simcoe

You want the dank. I've been doing some research on the dank, and everyone says the same thing - colombus, chinook, simcoe, and also apollo every now and then. I've got a dank IPA formulated but haven't had a chance to brew it yet.

Thanks guys
Most research I've done says it's a late hop addition like flame it out 15 min.
Have y'all heard the same?

Thanks again everyone for input

Wow makes sense.
And no I have not used that much hops at once.
Is that for a ten gallon batch?

Back