Pineapple to cider recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mplow222

Reaction score
So I know you guys are probably more experienced (and opinionated) than I, so I'm just curious has anyone added pineapple to a cider recipe. If so when did you do it and how did it turn out? I'm thinking with spring approaching and the girlfriend not liking beer nearly as much as cider it'd be nice to try. Any suggestions welcome (negative comments frowned on)

And as always to my fellow homebrewers happy brewing.

That sounds off the hook, I'd love to make some one day.... I'll tell you what, when I to my brew shop tomorrow I'll ask the shop keep if he knows anything on this and I'll get back to you. Good luck convincing the girl onto beer!
Killians is pretty good, and shock top raspberry is kinda girly to me, but Ill drink it once in a while :p

I have a similar cider in the secondary right now. I used three gallons pressed apple juice and two gallons fresh squeezed pineapple juice. As to how it tastes I have yet to sample it, but the smell is quite nice.

That's always a bonus if it smells good, even better if it taste as good as it smells :)

Thanks guys. Let me know how yours turns out cause I'm worried about either too much pineapple or just weird tastes. And she likes beer, drinks shiner bock with me if there isn't any cider.

Yeah I also have the same worry, the pineapple is coming through pretty strong and the colour is pretty yellow which is weird because there was more apple juice.

I've tried it and used 12 litre of apple juice and 3 of pineapple, added caramel and its great. Not very obvious pineapple smell or flavour. Just bottled so, may change over time. Back sweetened.

The cut and paste is not great but gives some idea

Brew Date 4 Feb 2012
IG 1050
OG 1008 Bottle date 28 Feb 2012
Alcohol avb 5.54%

Malt extract None
Pineapple juice 3
Apple juice 12
Sugar/Malt White sugar 2 1 kg caramelised until almost black
Yeast Gervin wine yeast Muntons

Back