Pilgrimage to Westvleteren

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pjilek

Reaction score
Hey oh,

This Friday I will be beginning my trip to Westvleteran. I am currently studying (german language) in Heidelberg, germany; so I am only a couple hours away. Friday after classes, me and a few friends will be hopping on the train and traveling to Brussels. Saturday morning we are planning on taking a bus to Poperinge, renting bicycles, and visiting the cafe near the monastery. I know we won't be able to pick up any cases of the beer, for lack of a car, but it sounds like we will be able to at the very least drink some, and hopefully buy a sixer of westy 12. If anyone else has made this trip and has tips, I'd love to hear them; I mostly wanted to share with beer people, because no one else is quite as excited about this as me. Also, if anyone has spent anytime in that area, or in Brussels and has any reccomendations, that'd be great.

While I expect the beer to be quite good. I doubt it will be a religious experience worthy of being reffered to as a Pilgirmage.

Gila, alwasy the jerk to shatter dreams.

Take a book bag 1/3rd filled with bubble wrap. Fill said back pack with bubble wrapped bottles.
Ship 1 bottle to me (in said bubble wrap) for cost+shipping since I gave you such a good idea. :D

Back