Pig's Ass at Albertson's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT2sum

Reaction score
Attn: Lewistown/Billings Montana Beer Enthusiasts:
I lucked out today since my favorite beer "Pig's Ass Porter" by Harvest Moon Brewery, was on sale ... at the Albertson's in Lewistown (and I assume around the whole state) they are having a sale on all of Montana's Craft Beers, buy two 6 packs and get one six pack free (mix & match, whatever Montana Craft Brewery you prefer!)!!! Pig's Ass was marked down to $8.97/6pack So I only paid $17.94 for the 3 6-packs! What a Deal!! I might have to go back and get some Bent Nail IPA ( I was focused on PA, so I didn't notice what the mark-down price was on Red Lodge Ales was) ...... No sales taxes here in Montana, so AFAIAC, that's a great bargain .... less than $6 bucks/6 pack. These might last me the rest of the week, so I'm hoping to buy more in the next couple of days!
I love suckin' on a Pig's Ass! (Pardon any puns!)
I love brewing my own, got a Chinook IPA in 2nd-ary right now, but any time I can get a bargain on what I consider good, tasty, Montana-brewed beers, I'm game!
Jim

Awesome - I am actually headed to Lewistown this weekend, and will keep an eye out for it.

Pig's Ass Porter and Beltian White are two of my favourite brews, along with Charlie Russell Red, another offering from Harvest Moon.

Anybody know what happened to Meadowlark Brewing's Ole Gus Scotch ale? I haven't seen it anywhere for a few months.
Regards, GF.

Well, I made it there and picked up a 6-pack each of Beltian White, Pig's Ass Porter and Great Falls Select Pale Ale.

I would have gotten at least three 6-packs more...including one Charlie Russell Red, but....SWMBO....:(

Looking forward to enjoying these ~ :mug:

Anybody know what happened to Meadowlark Brewing's Ole Gus Scotch ale? I haven't seen it anywhere for a few months.
Regards, GF.
Never heard of it, but I, too will keep an eye out, and if I find it, I'll post in this thread!

BTW, I went back a couple more times, once, when I aimed for the Bent Nail, there was a lady there wanting it for her husband, and since there was only 1 6'er left, (being the nice guy I am), I let her take that one whilst I forced myself to buy another 6'er of Pig's Ass Porter instead ;).

I "might" have seen it when I was in Lewistown; there was a display at the far end of the beer aisle in Albertson's with three beers from a Montana brewery, and I "think" I saw "Scottish Ale on the bottom, but my wife was in a very big hurry, so I wasn't able to take a closer look. This beer was in cans, not bottles.

@MT2sum , maybe you can check?

Well, after doing a little Googling and taking a closer look, I was wrong, it wasn't Ole Gus and it wasn't a Montana brewery, either. :(

Oskar1.jpg

But, I see that Harvest Moon now has Scottish Ale, so I might check it out at the earliest opportunity.... :mug:

I haven't seen that one, but will keep an eye out for it. If I find it, I'll let you know. :mug:

Meadowlark Brewing is all the way over in Sydney, MT. Their Ole Gus Scotch Ale has become my new benchmark for the Scotch Ale style; it's even better than McEwan's! I just sent them an email asking about it, I'll just have to wait & see I guess. Here's some info on Ole Gus:
http://meadowlarkbrewing.com/beer/ole-gus-scotch-rye/
Regards, GF.

I called them on the phone .... they are still in business and still make 'Ole Gus' according to the lady I talked to, although they were unaware of the Albertson's special .... I asked them to join in here and make a comment on this thread - that was a couple of days ago, so maybe they are either too busy or they don't want to join a homebrew forum just to make a comment or two!

Back