Pics of my other hobby...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
physast said:
My other hobby!

bug12.jpg

and another

bug16.jpg

one more!! ( 0 - 60 in 5 minutes!!!)

281528.jpg

Awesome bug! Love the color! Some dude in my town has an old-school bug, it's pretty darn low with a nice set of "sporty" wheels, and a hunter-greenish paint scheme. It looks very nice...

physast said:
My other hobby!

bug12.jpg

and another

bug16.jpg

one more!! ( 0 - 60 in 5 minutes!!!)

281528.jpg

Same here!
Sorta. I went Cal look and built a 2135 for a bit more speed and power.
Now I can touch 85mph if im on a decline with the wind at my back. :D

I'm a diehard VW guy.

budbo said:
Blah I think the M3's are overrated, you can load up a 335 and get essentially the same car without the flashy body enhancements for $20k less

Hrm... Not too sure about this comment.

Obviously there are "flashy body enhancements" that you are paying for (which IMO make the car look much more agressive), but I'm pretty sure the M3 is more than that...

First off, I don't even think there were 335Ci, Xi in the E46 body style (2000-2005ish models)?! The 330 was the top model at that time, I believe, and came with 225HP whereas the E46 M3 came with 333hp and could turn out the quarter mile in low 13 second flashes... IMO, you are paying that extra 20g for a lot more than just the body enhancements. If you are talking about the creature comforts you could upgrade in the 330, 335, the M3 is much more than just that...

In the new model (not even sure the designation), the 335Ci, Xi is definitely very impressive vehicle... 300hp, 300tq, bi-turbo inline 6... yummy. Wouldn't mind picking up the AWD Xi and modding that thing. Could easily make 400hp with AWD...

Either way, in comparison, the E46 M3 (last model) is still packing more punch (333hp as noted) than the new 2006-2007-2008 335Ci, Xi...

AND to boot, the NEW M3 is going to be packing (should be released soon?!) the extra 100hp that is about the average M3 > Top Model 3 Series. A N/A 400hp V8... Again, admittedly the new 335s are pretty sexy and should be easy to mod with the Bi-Turbo, but the 400hp V8 is just a monster as well.

I'm not going to speak to the E30 or E36 since they are getting dated and I don't know as much about them. Either way, the $20k premium you pay for the M3 is much more than just creature comforts and body enhancements. An extra 100hp and other performance upgrades (I believe they have larger discs, etc) are well worth the money to me. Not to mention, looks much better than your average 330-335...

EDIT: Maybe our resident M3 owner can chime in here and back me that the M3 is more than just a "fully loaded" 330, 335... Pretty sure you can't upgrade the engine (the primary, 100hp difference) without upgrading to "M3"...

I've got a 98 v6 f150 supercab I run at the local track. Never had it dyno'ed but I run in the low 13's with a 100 shot and a bunch of other mods. I'd post pictures but she aint pretty, makes for a real nice sleeper. Feed her a steady diet of rice ;)

Ryanh1801 said:
This thread needs a little more CI's. j/k
car1.jpg

Nice Z! I don't have any pictures of mine to post, but it's a 2000 model, black, leather, t-tops, etc etc. That's why I started brewing, because I needed a new hobby that was cheaper than modding the car (hence the screen name).

I work for the largest volume GM performance parts distributors in the country....so it's even more difficult to leave the car alone!

INeedANewHobby said:
Nice Z! I don't have any pictures of mine to post, but it's a 2000 model, black, leather, t-tops, etc etc. That's why I started brewing, because I needed a new hobby that was cheaper than modding the car (hence the screen name).

I work for the largest volume GM performance parts distributors in the country....so it's even more difficult to leave the car alone!

Do you hang out with any of the people on Racelubbock??? I used to live in Lubbock for a few years.

speedy little thing...

5436-crap081.jpg

its my dads, but i love driving it..

this is his other hobby..

[YOUTUBE]2LaNiIFHcBk[/YOUTUBE]

yeah thats him..

My name is Matt...I worked at TSP from '03 to late '04. If you were up there during that time, I'm sure we met. I was the only full-time counter sales guy they had at the time, and Jason/Trevor helped when they were actually at the shop :)

SilkkyBrew said:
Hrm... Not too sure about this comment.

Obviously there are "flashy body enhancements" that you are paying for (which IMO make the car look much more agressive), but I'm pretty sure the M3 is more than that...

First off, I don't even think there were 335Ci, Xi in the E46 body style (2000-2005ish models)?! The 330 was the top model at that time, I believe, and came with 225HP whereas the E46 M3 came with 333hp and could turn out the quarter mile in low 13 second flashes... IMO, you are paying that extra 20g for a lot more than just the body enhancements. If you are talking about the creature comforts you could upgrade in the 330, 335, the M3 is much more than just that...

In the new model (not even sure the designation), the 335Ci, Xi is definitely very impressive vehicle... 300hp, 300tq, bi-turbo inline 6... yummy. Wouldn't mind picking up the AWD Xi and modding that thing. Could easily make 400hp with AWD...

Either way, in comparison, the E46 M3 (last model) is still packing more punch (333hp as noted) than the new 2006-2007-2008 335Ci, Xi...

AND to boot, the NEW M3 is going to be packing (should be released soon?!) the extra 100hp that is about the average M3 > Top Model 3 Series. A N/A 400hp V8... Again, admittedly the new 335s are pretty sexy and should be easy to mod with the Bi-Turbo, but the 400hp V8 is just a monster as well.

I'm not going to speak to the E30 or E36 since they are getting dated and I don't know as much about them. Either way, the $20k premium you pay for the M3 is much more than just creature comforts and body enhancements. An extra 100hp and other performance upgrades (I believe they have larger discs, etc) are well worth the money to me. Not to mention, looks much better than your average 330-335...

EDIT: Maybe our resident M3 owner can chime in here and back me that the M3 is more than just a "fully loaded" 330, 335... Pretty sure you can't upgrade the engine (the primary, 100hp difference) without upgrading to "M3"...

this is a good start, the suspension, reinforced subframe and many other non-visible enhancements for the m3.

this is an age old debate, get the m3 as is if you have the money, or get the 33x if you want to save some scratch and be a similar vehicle. you also cannot get the dsg what will be available for the m3.

there are many differences, but overall m3 > *.

INeedANewHobby said:
My name is Matt...I worked at TSP from '03 to late '04. If you were up there during that time, I'm sure we met. I was the only full-time counter sales guy they had at the time, and Jason/Trevor helped when they were actually at the shop :)

Humm not sure, Name does not really ring a bell. I knew Zack and Jon. I miss TSP though, Jason and Joseph helped me ton's when I lived there. Jason gave me a killer deal on my converter since he could not get his out when I needed it.

I worked there before Zach and JonR started. They got Jon to replace me basically after I left.

I recognize your name now from RaceLubbock....I'm NowAV8 on there (AKA: nazi Admin to many).

aekdbbop said:
speedy little thing...

Love the M-Coupe... Very rare vehicle, very quick as well... That is a drivers car there. If I recall they didn't build them with any of your standard "traction control" or "vehicle stability" systems... E.g. less bells and whistles to hassle you as you tear around the track in that thing...

The SWMBO thinks they are ugly as sin (shoebox like), but I think they are pretty sweet looking myself. I like the new Z4 Coupe version also...

yeah i love it.. but that is the thing.. either you love the looks of it, or you hate it. It is amazing how much acceleration you can get going straight up a hill..

Back