Pics after a week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Since this is my first brew I wanted to take a picture of it after a week and make sure that it is looking like it is on track and not infected (I'm 99% sure it's not infected as of this exact moment)

OG: 1.065
Current Gravity: 1.019

Let me know what you think!

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

Yeah, I thought it looked like it was coming along just fine. Out of curiosity, when do you guys do your first tastes usually? Obviously its not ready, but I dont' want to mess with the process, so when I can try it, what do I use and how do I do it safely?

I usually taste the beer that I used to take the gravity readings. Obviously, it's going to be warm, flat, and not "there yet," but I can usually get a gauge on how it's going. I take a turkey baster and pull a sample, test it, take a sip, and trash the rest of the sample. I'd rather waste a few ounces than put it back and take a chance of contaminating the whole batch.

Back