Pick one commercial brewery...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Shiner and JK getting some ups in here.

Shiner for variety, quality, quantity, price and making 12oz bottles. Hard not to pick JK, but if it were one forever, Shiner or Rahr.

If I had to pick just one commercial brewery, I might go with Tucher Brau(Germany), or Theakston (UK), or maybe even Bitterroot Brewing (MT). But if I could include homebrew in the choices, I'll take my own homebrew, thank you very much. If I'm limited to only what I brew, that's fine by me. I can brew a variety of styles & can always learn more.
Regards, GF.

If I have to pick one that bottles, then Dogfish Head. Otherwise Scratch from Ava, IL. They always have some new wild stuff.

Proximity being paramount, Silver Gulch Brewery, in Fox, AK. Good variety, hoppy presentation, and a rather tasty Barley Wine!! Nationally, that is hard to say, I rarely get down to the lower 48. He'brew has a tasty selection, Stone is wonderfully funky, but the one I could best survive with only one brand would be Samuel Smith. (I never heard the word domestic.)

Good question! I'd probably pick To Ol Way Hoppy Lager (a dry hopped lager, it's fantastic!) or Brewdog Hardcore IPA.

Russian River would have been the choice if they were willing to make stouts beyond a dry stout.

I'm going New Glarus for the variety and consistency in styles I like.

Runners Up were Hill Farmstead, Cigar City, and Westbrook.

I would have to say Dogfish Head on this one. What I love most about them is that they take a lot of chances. I am a big Ommegang fan, but they don't like to 'color outside the lines' too much. DFH takes a lot of chances on brews and I enjoy most of them. I know if I only had DFH to drink for the rest of my life I would still enjoy huge variety and very high quality.

I am a big fan of Three Floyds. Any chance I get to head up there, I will. I like their hop forward brews, and they have some good variety. Not big into sours and Belgian, so I don't feel I'm missing much.

Back