pH meter recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
Good morning!

So I’ve been using one of the Thermoworks meters for a few years now. It’s on its second probe and it looks like it’s time for a new one ... or is it time for a whole new unit/upgrade?

I looked through threads on the subject and I see that, at least at the time those threads were posted, the Hach pocketpro+ and the Milwaukee MW102 were recommended for budget meters. Is that still the case? Thanks everyone!

I just bought one myself.
Research led me to the same conclusion you’ve reached.

Hanna phep5 was another contender, but does not allow the user to decide when accept the calibration reading; it decides when the trading is stable enough.

Price wise, the Hach and MW102 are close enough, but the MW102 replacement electrodes are are just over half of the Hach electrodes.
The only down side I see to the MW102 is that the cables and two probes setup seems cumbersome to me.

I chose the MW102, ran a stability test and found it to be really good.
Haven’t brewed with it yet.
E727B4DA-39BE-47DD-86E4-1A1D0847EB2F.png

Yeah, the price of the replacement probe is probably what’s going to sway me too. Thanks!

Update: I went with the Milwaukee and it is great! So easy to calibrate. (And my pale ale had a perfect 5.35 pH this morning.)

Back